Jostens JostensPIX Seasonal School Photographer (PT) in Syracuse, New York
JostensPIX Seasonal School Photographer (PT)
We are looking for part-time seasonal school photographers. Our photographers are responsible for preparation and execution of school photo events. Seasonal events will occur August – November.
Start date - Training will take place August 17, 2020
Preparation for photography events
· Manage photography schedule for assigned school territory
· Print and organize camera cards
· Transport all necessary equipment to and from the event
· Ensure all equipment is maintained and in working order prior to event
Photography Event day processes
· Set and test equipment prior to photo shoot – may work independently or with other photographers
· Situate and organize check-in table to ensure camera cards and marketing materials are in place prior to start of event
· Work with the school to coordinate photography schedule for all students and faculty
· Take student photographs
· Utilize photo management software to manage photos and photo subject flow
· After photo shoot, ensure all photos are gathered in the central repository and all equipment is disassembled.
Individual photographers will work in a tethered mode in which scanner and camera are attached to a laptop. Photos are managed through a laptop application that organizes photos by subject and allows the photographer to review and finalize each subject’s photos before moving to the next subject.
· Comfortable working in a school environment with children of all ages
· Comfortable working with computers
. Ability to work a flexible schedule
. Excellent time management and problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail
· Ability to work a flexible schedule. Early morning start times (driving start times as early as 4 AM)
· Ability to stand for long periods of time
· Able to travel - Driving 2+ hours to a location may be required, mileage will be reimbursed at .30/mile. Occasional overnight stay when drive time exceeds 3 hours
· Must have the ability to work well independently as well as on a team
· Valid Driver license and access to reliable vehicle (use of public transportation is not permitted)
· Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
· Previous knowledge of camera settings and exposure
About Jostens: Celebrating over 120 years of business, Jostens has been a part of local communities, working with K-12 schools, colleges and universities, teams and affiliation groups. Representatives from Jostens touch thousands of schools and groups every day, working to make a difference with products and services that recognize accomplishments and help people tell their stories. These products, along with resources for educators, yearbook curriculum and services to help motivate and inspire like Jostens Renaissance® and Commitment to Graduate (C2G) are all designed to contribute to a positive and rewarding school experience. As a household name and leading brand in our market, we are passionate about being the most trusted partner in celebrating moments that matter. We are a mid-size company with a small company feel, allowing us to move fast and explore innovative ideas.
Jostens is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
- Jostens Jobs