Chesapeake Hospitality Sales Manager in Syracuse, New York
The DoubleTree by Hilton Syracuse offers 250 guest rooms, 14,000 square feet of flexible banquet space, a full service restaurant & lounge, an indoor pool, and high-end fitness center. Our hospitality professionals are all focused on delivering outstanding guest service to our guests. Associates are immersed in a culture of CARE, as we Create A Rewarding Experience for our guests, our associates, and our community.
The Doubletree by Hilton Syracuse seeks a Sales Manager to join our dynamic, seasoned team. Experience in Corporate / Religious / Fraternal / Entertainment markets are a plus. A Sales Manager is expected to prospect for and solicit new business in the assigned market; as well as build strong relationships with our existing accounts, with a goal of achieving budgeted revenues.
You will be expected to do the following:
• Prospect for business through various efforts (outside sales calls, telemarketing, mailings, referrals, networking, etc...) to maximize revenue to meet/exceed goals.
• Notify/coordinate customer specifications with other departments and quickly, efficiently respond to customer issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
• Develop a marketing strategy by analyzing historical, current and future hotel/market trends and creating selling strategies to capture the maximum amount of revenue and meet/exceed sales goals.
• Increase our market share through relationship building, trade shows and community/professional organizations.
• Develop and continually enhance relationships with key accounts to maintain and increase our market share.
• Maintain accurate, legible records and files.
For you to be the ideal candidate, you should have the following:
• Exceptional communications skills in terms of the ability to negotiate, convince, sell and influence professionals and hotel guests.
• Knowledge of sales/hospitality principles and practices.
• Ability to investigate and analyze current activities or information in the sales/marketing field and make logical conclusions and recommendations.
• Ability to demonstrate outstanding leadership skills as well as impeccable associate and customer relations.
• Ability to make decisions based on established policies and procedures.
• At least 1 year of Hotel Sales experience.
• A 4 year college degree or equivalent education/experience preferred.
• Possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel and Delphi.
We offer competitive wages and benefits. Benefits include health, dental, vision, prescription & life insurance, 401k plan with company match, voluntary LT & ST Disability, Critical Illness, Paid Time Off, and opportunities for career advancement in our growing company.
Requisition ID: 2019-1457
External Company Name: Chesapeake Hospitality
Street: 6301 State Route 298
Post End Date: 10/4/2019