Research Foundation for SUNY at ESF Senior Research Support Specialist in Syracuse, New York
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
• Provide front-end user support via phone, email, and webinars for:
o NYNHP supported apps, including the Watercraft Inspection Steward Program App (WISPA), iMap Mobile App, iMap Advanced Mobile App, Simple Aquatic Survey (SAS), Rapid Assessment (RA), Lake Management Tracker, and Forest Pest;
o iMapInvasives 3.0, including data-entry, map navigation, and user accounts, roles, and permissions;
o ArcGIS online dashboards including dashboards for the Watercraft Inspection Steward Program, high-priority species and locations, and aquatic infestations.
• Lead and support the iMap Certified Trainers Network with regular email communication, periodic webinars, and training materials.
• Communicate about iMap to users and the general public, which will include:
o Maintaining NYiMapInvasives.org;
o Engaging users via social media, such as Facebook and Instagram;
o Working with the iMap team to create and distribution of the iMap Newsletter (two issues/year);
o Maintaining a set of standard iMap materials such as PowerPoint slides, PDFs, handouts, etc.
• Provide WISPA support to Boat Launch Stewards including conducting pre-season training webinars for participating organizations.
• Monitor the iMap email inbox and follow-up as appropriate.
• Assist with other iMap Team needs such as:
o Sending out periodic emails to all iMap users;
o Reviewing and confirming reports of some of the more common invasive species;
o Conducting bug tests on iMapInvasives;
o Creating iMap year-end reports.
• Bachelor’s Degree in environmental science, environmental education, communication, information technology or related field (at time of hire).
• Experience communicating with a broad range of audiences via the phone and email.
• Experience using common software applications (e.g.; MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, Adobe products, Web browsers).
• Comfortable using smartphone technology and smartphone mobile apps.
• Comfortable presenting technical material to small groups both in person and online.
• Familiarity with Geographic Information Systems and applications such as ArcMap, ArcGIS Online, Google Earth, etc.
• Familiarity with social media applications like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
• Experience providing technical support for online and mobile Apps, especially answering questions from a diverse group of users.
• Experience using Esri products such as Survey123, ArcMap, and/or ArcGIS Online (AGOL).
• Experience maintaining and updating web sites.
• Experience designing informational brochures and flyers.
• Experience with social media promotion/communication.
• Familiarity with natural resources or conservation, especially invasive species issues.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EFFORT
The End User Support Specialist will work predominately in an office environment.