Regeneron Pharmaceuticals PhD Co-op - Functional Modeling, Summer & Fall 2020 in Tarrytown, New York
The Regeneron Genetics Center (RGC) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Company, whose goals are to apply large scale human genetics to identify new drug targets and to guide the development of therapeutics programs and precision medicine. Building upon Regeneron's strengths in mouse genetics and genetics-driven drug discovery and development, the RGC specializes in ultra-high-throughput exome sequencing, large scale informatics and data analysis encompassing genomics and electronic health records, and translating genetic discoveries into new biology and drug discovery opportunities. The RGC leverages multiple approaches including large population based studies, Mendelian genetics and family based studies, founder population genetics, and large-scale disease focused projects and has developed a network of over 50 collaborations with research organizations around the world. Including some of the largest sequencing studies in the world, such as the DiscovEHR study in collaboration with Geisinger Health System, and an initiative to sequence 500,000 participants with the UK Biobank, the RGC has built one of the largest human genetics databases, including sequence data from over several hundred thousand participants and rapidly growing. Our interests encompass a breadth of different areas across all therapeutic areas and the RGC is highly integrated into all facets of research and development at Regeneron. Program goals include target discovery, indication discovery, and patient-disease stratification. Objectives include advancing basic science around the world through public sharing of discoveries, providing clinically-valuable insights to physicians and providers of collaborating health-care systems, improving patient outcomes, and identifying novel targets for drug development.
This position is in the Functional Modeling group within the Regeneron Genetics Center in Tarrytown, NY. There is one position for May/June to December 2020, full-time.
We are seeking a highly motivated PhD student to join the Functional Modeling group at Regeneron Genetics Center, Tarrytown, NY. The successful candidate will support on-going projects to develop and test in-vitro cell culture models of human disease gene variants resulting mainly in metabolic disorders. The project will involve mainly cloning of variants, cell culture work including standard cell lines and terminally differentiated pluripotent stem cells. Preferred candidate will possess background in molecular and cell biology, biochemistry.
Start building your skills at Regeneron.
• Must be a pursuing a PhD
• Must be pursuing a degree in Molecular and Cell Biology, Genetic Engineering, Biochemistry, Bioengineering.
• Strong expertise in molecular biology and cell cultures techniques.
• The ideal candidate will perform routine culturing and cloning of mammalian cells; design, execute, and control experiments according to protocols; perform laboratory calculations and manipulations independently.
General Intern Program Information:
• Must be enrolled in, or accepted to, an academic program pursuing a PhD
• Summer Program is full-time (40 hrs/wk) for at least 10 weeks and is paid
• Prefer demonstrated leadership in areas such as campus activities, clubs, sports or the community
• Minimum GPA of 3.0
• You will work with a specific manager on a project(s)
• Enjoy weekly 1 hour Intern Program events: learn about other areas of the company from VPs and other employees, soft skills workshops, networking, volunteering, and more!
• Present to your team on your summer project
Transportation and Housing:
• Housing stipend available for those students who meet mileage requirements
• A free shuttle is offered from the North White Plains or Tarrytown train stations to the Tarrytown, NY or Sleepy Hollow, NY campuses
• Get to know other incoming Interns on our closed LinkedIn page when you accept an offer
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Jobs