The Salvation Army Volunteer Programs Coordinator in Troy, New York
Seeking a Part TimeVolunteer Programs Coordinator on our Troy Corps Team
Our Part Time opportunities offer:
· Generous time off every year including 14 paid holidays, vacation time and sick time
· Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of continuous employment)
· Tax Deferred Annuity (403B)
· Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans including Short Term Disability, AFLAC, and Voluntary Term Life
· Christmas Bonus
· Wireless discount for Sprint or Verizon customers
· Free parking
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:The Volunteer Programs Coordinator serves as a support person to the Corps Officers at The Salvation Army in Troy and is responsible for managing volunteers and the programs in which they support, including the food pantry and soup kitchen. They are responsible for scheduling volunteers, maintaining accurate records for volunteers/community service workers and statistics, ordering for the food pantry and soup kitchen, and assisting in serving in the food pantry and soup kitchen. This position is responsible to provide a welcoming, compassionate, and well-organized atmosphere to the food service programs and the volunteers at The Salvation Army.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Coordination, oversight and organization of all volunteers• Manage and maintains all volunteer files• Coordinate Soup Kitchen program• Coordinate Food Pantry Program• Coordinate A4TD Program• Ordering of Food Pantry and Soup Kitchen Supplies• Maintain a welcoming lobby area and organized food storage areas• Assist with seasonal applications and Christmas distribution• Maintains the confidentiality of clients, shelter/programs, agency, and/or The Salvation Army• Record accurate statistics• Any other duties deemed necessary by their Corps Officers
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:• Willingness to uphold and support The Salvation Army's mission and ministry• High school diploma and at least two years’ experience in relative work preferred• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel,PowerPoint• Strong interpersonal skills; Applies tact in diplomacy in dealing with internal and external constituents• Strong attention to detail and accuracy• Superb written in verbal communication skills• Comfortable in high profile situations as well as with “sleeves rolled up”• Ability to operate independently - self-motivated, self-management• Highly organized• Able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment• Must be able to routinely lift and carry grocery bags and boxes weighing 25 pounds or more• Training in food safety and food handling through Health Department, as needed
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Job ID 2023-11923
Category Social Services
Compensation Total compensation exceeds the stated Hourly rate
Compensation Min USD $16.00/Hr.
Compensation Max USD $16.00/Hr.
Type Regular Part-Time