Clearview Orchards Farmworkers and Laborers in Tully, New York
7 H-2A Fulltime Seasonal Jobs available 8/8/2019-11/8/2019.
Manually plant, cultivate, and harvest apples. Use hand tools, such as shovels, trowels, hoes, tampers, pruning hooks, shears, and knives. Duties include tilling soil and applying fertilizers; transplanting, weeding, thinning, or pruning crops; applying pesticides; cleaning, packing, and loading harvested products. Repair fences and farm buildings, or participate in irrigation activities. Set up and operate irrigation equipment.
Operate tractors, tractor-drawn machinery, and self-propelled machinery to plow, harrow, and fertilize soil, or to plant, cultivate, spray, and harvest crops. Repair and maintain farm vehicles, implements, and mechanical equipment. Harvest apples by hand. Apply pesticides, herbicides, or fertilizers to crops. Inform farmers or farm managers of crop progress. Identify plants, pests, and weeds to determine the selection and application of pesticides and fertilizers.
* Must have a minimum of 3 months verifiable experience in the aforementioned.
* After hiring, employer may conduct random drug tests at employer's expense.
* Lifting requirement of 80 lbs.
* Exposure to extreme temperatures
* Repetitive movements, extensive pushing/pulling, extensive walking and frequent stooping.
* Driver requirements
Entire job duty description (ETA 790 and Spanish translation) should be reviewed and provided to qualified applicants from the NYSDOL website at http://labor.ny.gov/careerservices/h2a_orders.shtm.