Utica National Insurance Group Executive Commercial Lines Underwriter in Utica, New York
If you seek a truly outstanding employment experience, Utica National is the place for you. We are always looking for conscientious, customer-oriented people - whether you're a seasoned insurance professional or just starting out. We offer a supportive and friendly work environment that features a variety of career paths.
We offer challenging assignments, advancement opportunities, full benefits packages, competitive salaries, and a great work environment. We're big enough to offer the opportunities you need to be successful, but not so big that you'll get lost in the crowd.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Underwriting assignments limited to the largest accounts and most complex target/general business in the regional office.
- Regular travel to visit producers in their offices, and/or to prospects/insureds locations to help produce or retain larger account business.
- New business focus.
- Review, reject or approve applications and/or endorsement requests concerning large or complex risks.
- Communicate by telephone and through written correspondence with producers and marketing representatives.
- Provide training and guidance to other regional underwriters on underwriting large or more complex accounts.
- Perform profit/loss analyses complete with making recommendations to improve results.
- Work directly with Home Office Commercial Lines as needed.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
High School and College Degree Required.
5 years of commercial underwriting experience.
Completion of INS and AU series preferred.
Completion of the IIA General Insurance series, IIA Underwriting series preferred.
Coursework towards an ARM and/or CPCU designation highly preferred.
- Strong technical verbal and writing skills.
- Proven effective at developing quality relationships with agents, brokers, and reinsurers, especially involving larger or more complex accounts.
- Internal contact with regional offices and various levels of personnel.
Important to a certain degree with regard to policyholder.
We believe strongly that talented people are core to our success and are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages, career advancement and challenging work opportunities. We offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan for full time employees that include the following:
- 401K plan
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Vision care coverage
- Paid Time-Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Volunteer Day
- Employee and Dependent life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Discounts on automobile and homeowner's insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Credit Union membership
- Employees' Club
We offer both full and part time employment with the goal of providing work life balance to our talented workforce.
This is an exempt position. By applying for this position, you acknowledge that as an exempt employee, you should expect to find it necessary to work beyond your regular work schedule in order to fulfill the demands of the position. As such, in accepting our offer, you acknowledge and agree to fulfill this expectation.
As part of our hiring process, candidates must also pass a comprehensive background check and drug screen, additional screening for credit or MVR may be required for some positions.
Utica National is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply now and find out what it’s like to be a part of an amazing team, thrive in an exciting environment and work for a company you can be proud of. Once you complete your application, you can monitor your status in the hiring process by logging into your profile. A representative from our Talent Management Group will be in touch if you are moving forward. Candidates must meet company requirements on our online assessment test.
Req Id: 26912