Yonder Fruit Farms, Inc. Farmworkers and Laborers in Valatie, New York
Farmworkers: 46 Fulltime H-2A Seasonal Jobs Available 06/05/2020-12/15/2020.
Manually plant, cultivate, & harvest fruit & vegetables including; apples, pears, pumpkins, raspberries, strawberries & tomatoes. Use hand tools, such as shovels, trowels, hoes, tampers, pruning hooks, shears, & knives. Duties include tilling soil & applying fertilizers; transplanting, weeding, thinning, or pruning crops. Construct trellises, repair fences & farm buildings. Set up & operate irrigation equipment. Operate tractors, tractor-drawn machinery, and self-propelled machinery to plow, harrow & fertilize soil or to plant, cultivate spray & harvest crops. Pick, pack & sort fruit & vegetables.
Pick apples for fresh marketing and/or processing. Productivity must be at least 100 bu boxes per day of fresh market fruit. All fruit to be handled with care to avoid bruising. Fruit injured by bruising shall not exceed 2% as defined in the US standard for grades. Workers must be physically able to pick tree fruit, most of which is done from ladders, with lower branches being picked from the ground. Picked fruit is placed in a metal-framed canvas covered picking bucket with canvas straps that slip over the head and rest on the shoulders. Filled bucket, weighing up to 60 lbs. is emptied into bulk bins with a capacity equal to 20 bushel boxes.
* Workers referred as a result of this order must have three months of verifiable experience.
* Employer may require random drug tests at employer's expense once hired.
* Employer will provide 4 days training for workers to reach production standards.
* Lifting requirement of 75 lbs.
* Employer will train
* Exposure to extreme temperatures.
* Repetitive movements, extensive walking and frequent stooping.
* Production standards: pick a minimum of 100 bu boxes of apples with no more than 2% bruising per day.
Entire job duty description (ETA 790 and Spanish translation) should be reviewed and provided to qualified applicants from the NYSDOL website at http://labor.ny.gov/careerservices/h2a_orders.shtm