Yonder Fruit Farms, Inc. Farmworkers and Laborers in Valatie, New York
Farmworkers: 46 Fulltime H-2A Seasonal Jobs Available 3/1/2019-12/15/2019.
Manually plant, cultivate, and harvest fruits and vegetables including apples, pears, pumpkins, raspberries, and tomatoes. Use hand tools, such as shovels, trowels, hoes, tampers, pruning hooks, shears, and knives. Duties include tilling soil and applying fertilizers; transplanting, weeding, thinning, or pruning crops. Construct trellises, repair fences and farm buildings.
Set up and operate irrigation equipment. Operate tractors, tractor-drawn machinery, and self-propelled machinery to plow, harrow, and fertilize soil, or to plant, cultivate, spray, and harvest crops. Pick apples for fresh market and/or processing.
* Workers referred as a result of this order must have three months of verifiable experience.
* Employer may require random drug tests at employer's expense once hired.
* Lifting requirement of 75 lbs.
* Employer will train
* Exposure to extreme temperatures.
* Repetitive movements, extensive walking and frequent stooping.
Entire job duty description (ETA 790 and Spanish translation) should be reviewed and provided to qualified applicants from the NYSDOL website at http://labor.ny.gov/careerservices/h2a_orders.shtm.