Yonder Fruit Farms, Inc. Farmworkers and Laborers in Valatie, New York
Farmworkers: 12 Fulltime H-2A Seasonal Jobs Available 6/1/2021-12/15/2021.
Manually plant, cultivate, & harvest fruit & vegetables including; apples, pears, pumpkins, raspberries, strawberries & tomatoes. Use hand tools, such as shovels, trowels, hoes, tampers, pruning hooks, shears, & knives. Duties include tilling soil & applying fertilizers; transplanting, weeding, thinning, or pruning crops. Construct trellises, repair fences & farm buildings. Set up & operate irrigation equipment. Operate tractors, tractor-drawn machinery, and self-propelled machinery to plow, harrow & fertilize soil or to plant, cultivate spray & harvest crops. Pick, pack & sort fruit & vegetables. Pick apples for fresh marketing and/or processing. Productivity must be at least 100 bu boxes per day of fresh market fruit. All fruit to be handled with care to avoid bruising. Fruit injured by bruising shall not exceed 2% as defined in the US standard for grades. Inform farmers or farm manager of crop progress. Clear and maintain irrigation ditches. Due to safety concerns on a farm, workers must understand basic instructions in English.
* Workers referred as a result of this order must have a minimum of three months verifiable experience in performing the tasks described in this order.
* Employer will provide 4 days training for workers to reach production standards.
* Must be physically able to lift up to 75lbs on a consistent basis throughout the day.
* Employer may require random drug tests at employer's expense once hired.
* Exposure to extreme temperatures.
* Repetitive movements, extensive sitting or walking, and frequent stooping/bending.
The full terms and conditions of the job (form ETA790a) should be reviewed and provided to qualified applicants from this website: seasonaljobs.dol.gov.
For qualified applicants requiring a Spanish translation of this job order, please email DIPA@labor.ny.gov or call 1-877-466-9757. Please include the applicant name and job order number in your request.