ConEdison Solutions Human Resources Intern in Valhalla, New York
Con Edison Clean Energy Businesses, Inc. (Con Edison CEB) is a leader in the renewable energy industry. We are the second-largest solar energy owner and operator in North America with over 3 gigawatts in capacity of renewable energy infrastructure throughout North America and provide a wide range of energy-related products and services to wholesale and retail energy customers. Committed to sustainability and environmental stewardship, Con Edison CEB offers a comprehensive portfolio of solutions, including utility-scale and behind-the-meter renewable development and construction, battery storage, power marketing and asset management services, and energy efficiency services.
Con Edison CEB is part of the Consolidated Edison, Inc. (CEI) family of companies. CEI, one of America’s largest investor-owned energy companies, has a corporate history dating back to 1823 and has been a Fortune 500 company for over 25 years.
Learn more about Con Edison Clean Energy Businesses here: https://www.conedceb.com/.
Summer Internship Program
We offer a top-notch internship experience to selected individuals who are passionate about opportunities to positively affect the environment and develop critical technical skills and expertise to help us innovate. Our paid, 10-week Internship Program provides students the opportunity to work with a diverse pool of talent in the Energy/Renewable industry.
This is your opportunity to join our talented team!
Dates: June 6, 2022 through August 12, 2022
Length of Program: 10 weeks (40-hour work week)
Location: Valhalla, NY
• Take part in key learning opportunities across multiple HR function areas, including HR Administration, Benefits, Payroll, and Training and Development
• Assist with the processing and coordination of the employee lifecycle (onboarding, new hires, terminations)
• Learn benefits and respond to benefit inquiries
• Assist with running semi-monthly payrolls and reviewing validation reports
• Gain exposure to the budgeting process and learn systems
• Assist with the coordination of employee development trainings and other company trainings
• Assist with other HR related projects to support the team
• Preferred Academic Discipline: HR Management or Business Management
• Must be currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program in Sophomore year or later, or graduate/Ph.D. program at an accredited institution
• Ability to commute to our Valhalla, NY office
• Strong interest in a career in Human Resources, Organizational Management, or Learning and Development
• General knowledge of Human Resources discipline
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Advanced Microsoft office knowledge, Excel and Powerpoint
• Organized and detail oriented
• Positive, self-motivated individual with high level of enthusiasm and willingness to learn
• Can navegate and thrive in a fast-paced environment
You must be eligible to work in the US independent of company sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Consolidated Edison is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice its commitment to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship, eligible veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Con Edison is a federal contractor subject to VEVRAA and desires to receive priority referrals of protected veterans.
Requisition ID: 2021-2346
External Company URL: www.conedsolutions.com