Con Edison Clean Energy Businesses Tax Accountant / Senior Tax Accountant in Valhalla, New York
Con Edison Clean Energy Business Solutions
For nearly two decades, Con Edison Solutions, Con Edison Development, and Con Edison Energy have been leading national providers of retail and wholesale energy services. Now, they are a part of Con Edison Clean Energy Businesses (CEB), a wholly owned subsidiary of Consolidated Edison, Inc.
And as we continue to grow, we are seeking to hire a seasoned member for the Con Edison Clean Energy Businesses Accounts Payable team. As part of the team the Senior Tax Accountant will be responsible for coordinating, reviewing and/or compiling all of Con Edison's Clean Energy Businesses taxes inclusive of federal and state income taxes, state annual reports and registrations, gross receipts taxes, sales taxes, real estate and personal property taxes. The position is also responsible for preparing federal and state income tax provisions.
The Senior Tax Accountant acts as liaison with and provides guidance and responses to Con Edison's tax department, CEB Finance and Accounting, Information Technology, tax auditors, outside tax consultants and CPA firms as required. The Senior Tax Accountant will keep abreast of all state and federal filing requirements including changes in the tax law and rate changes in both existing and new territories.
- Prepare proforma federal and state income and state franchise tax returns. Provide support and review the filings prepared by CECONY and tax preparation consultants including NY, NYC and various unitary state income tax returns, and partnership tax returns
- Responsible for compiling and filing monthly, quarterly and annual sales tax returns
- Perform various ad hoc analyses and reports, and support CEB operations as required
- Preparation and maintenance of tax basis balance sheets, temporary and permanent differences, state effective tax rates, analysis of tax attributes, reconciliation of income tax provisions to filed tax returns, and maintenance of income tax accounts including deferred income taxes and taxes payable
- Provide responses and act as liaison with tax consultants, CECONY's tax department, internal and external auditors as required
- Responsible for ASC 740 accounting for income taxes, computing monthly federal and state income tax provisions and journal entries into PeopleSoft; responsible for analyzing all tax-related accounts
• Bachelor's Degree in accounting or finance is required
• MBA/CPA desirable but not required
• Five to Ten (5-10) years of general accounting experience
• Five to Ten (5-10) years of years of tax experience, specifically filing of federal, state, sales or gross receipts tax returns
• Able to produce accurate and detailed work under pressure and on time
• Strives for continuous job process improvements
• Strong communications skills
• Must be able to present information orally and in written form in a clear and precise manner
• Knowledgeable in the area of book-to-tax differences and filing of corporate federal & state income tax returns
• Proficient office computer skills such as Excel, Outlook, Word
• Competent in OneSource OIT and Onesource OSA
• Knowledge of PeopleSoft system and PowerPlan Provison, a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Consolidated Edison is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice its commitment to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship, eligible veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Con Edison is a federal contractor subject to VEVRAA and desires to receive priority referrals of protected veterans.
You must be eligible to work in the US independent of company sponsorship.