Fedcap Teacher Assistant in Valhalla, New York
Easterseals (http://www.easterseals.com/newyork/our-programs/) is a standard bearer for creating equity and access for people with disabilities and other barriers to long term self-sufficiency. For 100 years, Easterseals has been the indispensable resource for people and families living with disabilities. Throughout all life's moments -- from the extraordinary to the ordinary and everything in between -- Easterseals is here to help people and families realize and reach for their full potential.
Join us at Easterseals NY- Valhalla for an exciting career with our Child Development Center.
Program: ESNY- Valhalla
Job Title: Teacher Assistant
Location: 70 Columbus Avenue, Valhalla, NY 10595
Easterseals NY- Valhalla Child Development Center is seeking a Summer Temporary Teacher Assistant for our preschool program serving students with special needs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work under supervision of classroom teacher.
- Assist in caring for physical needs of children.
- Supervise class when teacher is involved with individual students or in staffing.
- Attend staffing, departmental in-service meetings as assigned.
- Assist in keeping classroom and program supplies ready and well maintained.
- Maintain professional ethics in the building and out, regarding the discussion of pupils, and their conditions.
- Adhere to the Program and Agency policies.
- Provide services, under the supervision of the teacher, to individuals with varied behavior issues which may include physical aggression, verbal assault, inappropriate sexual comments, gestures and/or acts.
- Assist individuals with toileting and personal care needs when necessary.
Assist with behavior management of children as outlined by Program and Agency policies
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Training & Education Pre-Service: Professional Expectations
- Training & Education In-Service: Learn center's Policies & Practices
- Experience with relevant and appropriate age group: CampCounseling, Babysitting, Parenting, Foster Care
- Minimum Age: 18
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to Diversity, M/F/D/V.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled