Amazon Web Services Cloud Financial Management and Governance Senior Advisory Consultant in Virtual Location - New York, New York
Can you develop breakthrough strategies to help customer’s optimize their spend in the cloud? Are you able to quickly earn trust with customer stakeholders (Finance & Technology) to influence and drive transformative outcomes? Are you a thought leader who is passionate about staying current in all things cloud? Can you collaborate with both business and technology executives to shape a strategy and roadmap to transform their organization and potentially an entire industry?
At AWS, we’re searching for seasoned leaders to join the Professional Services (ProServe) Advisory practice. Leaders that are experts in Finance at its intersection with the cloud. They have participated in cloud transformations, learned from their experience, and are eager to help customers transform.
We are seeking outcome driven and customer obsessed experts who are passionate about:
· Developing relationships with peers, stakeholders, internal teams, and/or customers, often becoming the “trusted advisor”
· Leading sessions with both technical and finance team members and bridge the gap between both teams
· Thinking out of the box, using your finance experience to create something new
· Uncovering gaps in existing financial governance processes and recommending governance frameworks and solutions
· Developing and promoting governance models supporting the consistent use of cloud technologies aligned to financial strategies and policies
· Enabling the change management critical to sustained business performance: skills, capabilities, and organizational design
· Driving innovative solutions to solve business problems and/or create new avenues for customers to grow
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organization—leaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. As such, this is a customer facing role in a hybrid delivery model. Project engagements include remote delivery methods and onsite engagement that will include travel to customer locations as needed.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance/MBA degree preferred
· 5 - 7 years of hands on experience with back-office Finance functions as well as ERP (e.g., Oracle, SAP) tools and integrations
· Knowledge of core financial processes including Record to Report (General Ledger), Financial Planning & Analysis, Procure to Pay, and Order to Cash Processes
· Experience with development of new financial processes pertaining to cloud spend, Budgeting and Forecasting, automation of Journal entries, etc.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including group leadership and executive director level presentations
· Ability to travel (25%) to customer locations as needed to help sell and deliver professional services as needed
· Familiarity with AWS Cost & Usage reports and Billing mechanisms
· Demonstrated working knowledge in the areas of IT governance, cloud computing, IT strategy
· External customer / client consulting engagement experience
· Experience with Cloud FinOps and FinTech
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs