Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham, Warsaw Houseman - Warsaw in Warsaw, New York
JOB TITLE: HOUSEMAN
BUSINESS: Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham, 283 North Street, Warsaw, NY 14569
ABOUT US: http://www.indushotelcareers.com/
If you are looking for a rewarding opportunity, in a family atmosphere, Indus Hospitality Group has a place for you.
WORK SCHEDULE: Regular/Seasonal Part Time, Monday-Sunday, 20 hours per week, (shift varies based on hotel needs).
EXPERIENCE: 1 Year of acceptable related experience (prior Maintenance or Houseperson experience). Would accept a TRAINEE.
EDUCATION RANGE: GED, High School.
PAY RANGE: Starting pay is negotiable depending on experience.
Provides excellent guest service in an efficient, courteous professional manner; following the company standards of aggressively friendly hospitality while adhering to guidelines and procedures. Is responsible for the cleanliness of public space, as well as, the usage and organization of supplies. Assist room attendants ensuring cleanliness standards are met. Assist maintenance department with minor repairs and work orders.
Individuals serving as a Houseperson have access to guestrooms and property, character traits of honesty and trustworthiness are essential to this position.
Experience in similar capacities: lodging, housing, hospitals, care facilities all helpful, not mandatory.
FOR THIS POSITION SPECIFICALLY:
1) Must be able to push or pull 60 pounds and lift and/or carry 30 pounds.
2) Must be able to stand for up to eight hours, bend, stretch, reach, climb, kneel.
3) Must be able to see and hear.
4) Must be able to speak and understand English, the ability to communicate in another language may be helpful.
5) Must display professionalism, honesty and trustworthiness at all times.
1) Proper handling of linens, terry and other supplies, keeping sanitation and cost controls in mind.
2) Handling various safety and security measures. Report or correct any hazardous conditions observed immediately.
3) All guidelines from training checklist of areas to be maintained.
4) Procedures for emergencies (Person in Charge).
1) Assist with guest issues, being professional and maintaining a hospitable caring attitude.
2) Maintain guest privacy.
3) Follow procedures in the company systematic fashion.
4) Basic maintenance repairs, leaking faucet, running toilet, etc.
5) Able to clean guest rooms to brand standards and in conjunction with the training checklist for room attendants.
1) Must be able to work alone, without direct supervision
2) Must be able to work as a team member
3) Comply to all standards
4) Be able to multi task, remain service centric.
5) Communicate professionally with guests and co-workers.
6) Keep public areas of the hotel, grounds and parking lot clean, maintaining brand standards and providing guest service when necessary including assisting guests with baggage, in and out of vehicle or guest room.
7) Respond to guest request, such as delivering supplies: shampoo, towels, roll away beds etc. in a timely and hospitable manner.
8) Perform minor trouble shooting and maintenance of hotel equipment.
9) Responsible for setting up meeting rooms if applicable.
10) Adhere to general clean guidelines for the public areas of the property.
11) Have a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures.
12) Other duties as assigned including assistance in the housekeeping, laundry or maintenance department, that the associate is capable of performing.
BASIC SKILLS NEEDED: Computer/Microsoft Office. Hospitality PMS knowledge is a plus.
OTHER HIRING REQUIREMENTS: Own Tools, Reference Check and Criminal Background Check.
INVITATION: To meet with us in-person at an upcoming OPEN INTERVIEWS / MICROTEL RECRUITMENT:
DATE/TIME: Wednesday January 8th, 2020, 10AM-3PM.
LOCATION: Warsaw DOL Career Center, 448 North Main Street, Warsaw, NY 14569
VETERAN APPLICANTS: Please, email Dave Eley (DOL - Local Veterans Employment Repr.) to confirm you are applying at firstname.lastname@example.org gov