Momentive Performance Materials LLC Americas Consumer Supply Chain Leader in Waterford, New York
Americas Consumer Supply Chain Leader
The Consumer Supply Chain Leader will manage all aspects of the logistics and SIOP functions for the Consumer Sealants Segment. The role will also assume dotted line responsibility for the Consumer customer service strategy and execution as well as work closely with the Americas Toller Leader to ensure adequate supply planning for Consumer tolled products. On the logistics front, the position is responsible for leading and overseeing the execution at all 3PL and MPM Consumer Warehouses and Distribution centers, including accountability for EHS, shipping, inventory, regulatory compliance, budget, performance and continuous improvement. The role will also be responsible for effective scheduling and planning for both the Waterford B85 and Daytona site. The position will work closely with the Consumer segment leader and his team while driving overall fill rates and service levels, as well as lead actions and strategies to ensure proper stocking strategies are implemented and being executed. This position will manage promotions, artwork changes and other unique aspects of the Consumer business, while interacting with the sales teams and DPA s to drive improved forecast accuracy and signals. They will interact with the Customer Service team and Leader to align requirements and strategies in order to minimize cancels, optimize EDI and other activities. This position will also work closely with other Sealants Businesses and provide support and leadership as needed.
* Oversee and direct the operations of all Consumer 3PL and Momentive Warehousing, including the stocking replenishments. Responsible for EHS, cost performance, execution, warehouse and carrier performance.
* Responsible for achieving business targets on service levels and fill rates through effective demand planning, scheduling, stocking strategies, replenishments, and shipping execution.
* Manage and meet budgeted requirements on logistics spending.
* Work closely with product management to ensure meeting budgeted inventory levels according to PLM and seasonal requirements.
* Support and manage new product launches, new customers, art changes, and packaging changes in from manufacturing to customer.
* Coordinate the supply, material flow, storage and delivery of product to the customer.
* Manage short-term supply requirements for raw materials and packaging. Work with procurement on surety of supply of purchased raws and packaging.
* Lead schedulers responsible for consumer production planning in order to meet the supply and inventory plan.
* Work with scheduling teams, operations teams and SIOP COE to optimize advanced planning system.
* Continuously improves schedule and optimizes planning performance leading to higher inventory efficiencies and service levels.
* Identifies and executes programs to improve inventory efficiencies (e.g. reduce slow moving and obsolete inventory)
* Works closely with Demand Planner Analyst to develop a constrained demand plan.
* Partners with Americas Customer Service Team to develop appropriate strategy and processes to ensure required customer service experience for consumer customers.
* Ensures adequate training, tools and processes to support consumer customer portals and order requirements to minimize cancels and maximize fill rates.
* Overall ownership of the tolling relationship including knowledge of chemical processes to support make vs buy and supplier rationalization decisions.
* Partners with the Consumer Business Segment from the Sealants BU to align Supply Chain strategy to business objectives and goals. Similarly works with commercial team to drive optimal performance of the supply chain.
* The position may also be required to support other Sealant segments; the construction team in particular, as needed
PERCENT TRAVEL: 10-20%
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor s Degree in Engineering
* 10 years of relevant experience in the chemical industry
* Knowledge of current technologies related to: process analysis, supply chain optimization, procurement, resource planning and optimization.
* Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills with an attention to detail
* Warehousing and Distribution knowledge and experience
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop relationships and communicate effectively at all levels
* Strong decision and influencing skills
* Highly motivated and energetic
* Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, minority status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any characteristic protected by law.
In order to be considered for this position candidates are required to submit an application for employment through our career site, be at least 18 years of age, willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
Candidates are required to have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
If currently an employee of the Company, you must have current satisfactory work performance and in most cases, have been in your current role 18 months.
Disclaimer: We are not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee about this position. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee of the Company via email, the Internet or in any other form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of the Company; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by the Company as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.
Employer's Job# R3038
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.