Army Tank-Automotive and Armament Command (TACOM) Recreation Assistant (Lifeguard) NF-02 in Watervliet, New York
Recreation Assistant (Lifeguard) NF-02
Department of the Army
Army Tank-Automotive and Armament Command (TACOM)
Directorate of Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation
- ##### Open & closing dates
06/14/2019 to 06/11/2020
- ##### Service
- ##### Pay scale & grade
- ##### Salary
$13.32 to $16.68 per hour
$13.32 to $16.68 / Per Hour & will be determined by the Hiring Manager. It may be based upon such criteria as related experience and/or education
- ##### Appointment type
- ##### Work schedule
Few vacancies in the following location:
Relocation expenses reimbursed
Watervliet's Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation Division is a comprehensive network of quality support and leisure services that enhances the lives of Soldiers, Civilians, Families, military retirees and other eligible participants. Their vision is to be the driving force for programs and services that provide the foundation for the Army's home by increasing Soldier and Family resiliency, restoring balance, enhancing recruitment, readiness and retention for Soldiers and Families.
Learn more about this agency
- Serves as lifeguard for indoor and outdoor pools (may include water parks and/or beach fronts) and works under the direction of the Installation Aquatics Program Manager or pool supervisor
- Rescues swimmers and administers first aid as required
- Assists with scheduling of staff and programs, tracking inventory and ordering supplies
- Assists in maintaining pool and area clean and free from any hazards
- Provides information to swimmers regarding safety rules and procedures. Tactfully warns patrons who repeatedly disregard safety rules, and follows facility Standard Operating Procedures for disciplinary actions
- #### Job family (Series)
0189 Recreation Aid And Assistant
- Beach Lifeguards
- Lifeguards, Beach
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- An employer referred pre-employment physical examination is required
- MUST be willing to have continuous exposure to sun and prolonged periods of high temperature and humidity
- MUST possess and Maintain the proper certifications as listed in the minimum qualifications
- In case of exposure to infectious disease, incumbent is required to obtain the Hepatitis B vaccination series within a 24-hour period
- Incumbent is required to follow environmental safeguards and wear personal protective equipment
- May be assigned to irregular duties or when needed for special recreational events and related requirements
- Work hours are Seasonal and may involve weekends, weekdays, holidays and night duty
Qualified candidates will possess the following: - All certifications: - Lifeguard (American Red Cross or nationally recognized equivalent i.e. Star Guard or Ellis) - American Red Cross "Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation for the Professional - CPR for the Professional Rescuer or equivalent (i.e. Star Guard or Ellis) - First Aid
Customer service experience
PLEASE NOTE: Your resume & application package must reflect the qualifications stated in the announcement and questionnaire to be rated eligible. IF certifications are not uploaded at the time of application, they must be provided during the pre employment process/prior to start date.
- Initial Cut-Off Date: Thursday, June 20, 2019 (Applications must be received by 11:59 PM EST) Applications received by the Initial Cut-Off Date will be reviewed and possibly referred to the Selecting Official PRIOR to the Closing Date of this Vacancy Announcement.
- This position is located within Child and Youth Services Division.
- The AREA OF CONSIDERATION for this vacancy announcement is for U.S. Citizens and Non-Citizens within a 30-mile commuting radius of Watervliet, NY. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) moving into the area within 30 days from the closing date of this announcement and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
- Management reserves the right to reassign employees to other facilities.
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 1300 on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click here to view kit or copy this URL: https://acpol2.army.mil/chra_dodea/NAF_applicant_info_kit.pdf
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference: - Cover Letter - DD-214/ Statement of Service - SITUATIONAL: Military PCS Orders & Marriage Certificate, DA 3434, DA 3433; Lifeguarding, Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation for the Professional Rescuer, AND Automated External Defibrillator Certifications - PCS Orders - Reasonable Accommodation Documentation - Resume - Separation Notice (RIF) - SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
Review our benefits
- How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN).10527645 Announcement closes at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the closing date listed on this announcement.
- Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
Agency contact information
Fort Drum NAF CPAC
BN-NAF-W0K9AA US ARMY ARSENAL, WATERVLIET DO NOT MAIL Fort Drum, NY 13602 US
Learn more about this agency
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536712700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.