Guest Services, Inc. Retail Clerk - Watkins Glen in Watkins Glen, New York
**GREAT PEOPLE | GREAT BENEFITS | JOIN OUR ALL-STAR TEAM!**
Guest Services, Inc. offers amazing benefits such as medical, dental, vision, a 401K matching program, paid time off, employee discounts at recreational and lodging facilities nationwide, and more!
Position pays: $15.00/hour
Seasonal position: May- November
Apply today to join our All Star Team!
The Retail Sales Associate is responsible for assisting customers in making purchases. The Retail Sales Associate is responsible for merchandising and display, receiving money from and disbursing money to customers, and maintaining a high level of customer service at all times.
- Smile and greet customers entering unit; answer customers' questions, and provide information on company products, promotions, and policies. Thank each customer.
- Describe merchandise and explain use, operation, and care of merchandise to customers.
- Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
- Compute sales prices, total purchases and receive and process cash or credit payment.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credit, or change due to customers accurately.
- Maintain cash register and contents within.
- Maintain clean and orderly cash station area; stock and maintain sales area with various supplies and products.
- Maintain neatness and cleanliness of the retail operation.
- Turn in cash drawer and sales reconciliation at shifts' end.
- Assisting with special events.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
**SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE**
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. preferred.
- Mathematic Skills.
- Interest and knowledge in Washington, DC's landmarks, monuments and memorials preferred.
- Excellent sanitation habits.
- Professional appearance.
- Ability to communicate and attend to guests with the highest standard of service.
- Ability to pass cash handling training.
- Problem sensitivity and the ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
**PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS**
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 10 lbs. regularly, 10-15 lbs. frequently, and up to 25 lbs. occasionally.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in indoor/outdoor environments.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in a sometimes fast paced environment.
- Physical attendance in unit to perform duties.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Knowledge of cash register/computer used in unit.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.