Waverly SNF Human Resources Assistant in Waverly, New York
If you are looking for an exciting entry level opportunity in human resources this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
Our Excellent, Competitive Compensation, and a Full Benefit Package includes:
* Competitive wages and opportunities for advancement
* Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
* Life insurance
* 401(k) with matching
* Generous Paid Time Off
The Human Resources Assistant works under the direction of the Human Resources Coordinator performing a wide variety of HR responsibilities.
As a member of our team, the HR Assistant must display the highest standards of professionalism, courtesy, and good judgment on a daily basis. You must possess the personal skills required to handle demanding internal and external customers, and effectively deal with all persons in a friendly, positive, supportive manner.
* Manages candidates through the applicant tracking system and all online hiring systems from the point of application through the new hire onboarding process;
* Assists with bi-weekly payroll processing;
* Performs various functions in the HRIS system;
* Performs clerical duties such as creating reports and letters, filing documents;
* Answers inquiries from staff on a variety of human resources issues;
* Performs license checks and recertifies nursing assistants;
* Orders uniforms and ID badges;
* Involvement with a variety employee recognition and retention activities.
* Minimum of Associate's Degree with at least 1 year experience in Human Resources preferably in healthcare;
* Recruitment experience required;
* Demonstrable knowledge in state & federal labor laws, FLSA, FMLA, OHSA, & COBRA;
* Ability to navigate Microsoft office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook);
* Prior experience in utilizing HRIS software such as ADP Enterprise, timekeeping programs such as ADP or Kronos and electronic applicant tracking systems;
* Ability to create positive relations with a diverse group of persons;
* Able to work independently and set priorities with a minimum of supervision;
* Exercise excellent judgment and decision making skills
Elderwood at Waverly is a 200 bed skilled nursing facility (SNF) located in the valley of Tioga county. Our beautifully renovated facility boasts updated technology, convenient parking for staff members, and employee appreciation initiatives throughout the year. Our services and programs include Oncology, Orthopedic Rehab, SMARTS Express Care, and Wound Care; as well as Specialty Programs including Adult Medical Day Services, Outpatient Therapy, Palliative Care, Respite Care and Seasons Memory Care.
401K Retirement Plan with Company Match, Clean, Neat & Newly Renovated Facility, Consistent work and holiday rotations to provide you with a great work/life balance, Life Insurance, Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Point-earning employee reward program: redeem for prizes!, Strong leadership
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Employer's Job# 2020-13297
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.