Waverly SNF Memory Care Specialist in Waverly, New York
Elderwood at Waverly is seeking a Memory Care Program Specialist to join our Activities team! This is a Full Time career opportunity primarily on Days Shift. Memory Care Program Specialist provides therapeutic and social programming to meet the physical and emotional needs of residents, under the direction of the Director of Activities with assistance from the Director of Memory Care. Responsible for input and completion of daily memory care calendar, resident participation reviews, daily attendance forms, monthly progress reports and assistance with meal service, as requested. Ideal candidates have experience in recreation therapy as well as the geriatric health-care setting.
Elderwood at Waverly is a 200 bed Skilled Nursing Facility with recent renovations in a great location, and convenient parking for staff! Take the next step in your career to join an organization that truly cares for it's Caregivers.
* Assists residents with therapeutic and social activities/situations that are designed to appeal to residents interests and enhance the resident s highest practicable level of physical, mental and psychosocial well-being.
* Generates and develops ideas, which improve the quality of care for residents or increase job productivity and satisfaction.
* Assists with providing appropriate mental stimulation for residents:
a. Transports residents and encourages participation in residents social programming.
b. Conducts informal programs on the unit when time permits or as assigned.
c. Offers input and assist in completion of: daily memory care calendar, daily attendance and monthly resident progress forms.
* Notifies Licensed Nurse of changes in residents' conditions or needs:
a. Follows plan of care in daily interaction with residents and reports changes, appropriately.
b. Informs nurse after monitoring fluid intake and output and other services or tasks as assigned.
* Maintains facility standards for resident care by:
a. Maintains familiarity with and protecting rights of residents.
b. Ensures that all residents are treated with respect and kindness.
c. Reports to nurse in charge about facility equipment that needs repair, unsafe conditions in room or unit area, or personal needs of residents.
d. Displays respect for personal possessions of residents and helps to maintain an orderly and pleasant environment for residents during Seasons. * Attends employee council meetings, departmental meetings and required or preferred inservice training and offers constructive suggestions when able.
* Performs all job duties according to safety rules and practices required for this position, and as
required to ensure the general safety of staff, residents and visitors of this organization.
* Performs assigned duties according to the service excellence standards and goals established for
this job position, and for all staff members of this organization.
* Exhibits the highest level of customer service towards staff, residents and visitors.
* Bachelor s degree in Recreational Therapy, Education or related field OR Certified Occupational Therapist (COTA).
* Current, valid state required certification or license in the state in which work is performed.
* Minimum of two (2) years of experience with geriatric long-term population or therapeutic recreation environment.
* Certification in dementia and/or behavior management (e.g. CDT).
* Demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and web-based applications.
* Current, valid driver license (if applicable).
* Demonstrated supervisory experience preferred.
* Ability to read and understand task assignments, and to report verbally and record care in writing.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Employer's Job# 2020-10463
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.