Waste Management HIRING EVENT; March 9th – 8:00am – 5:30pm; Driver Apprentice/Trainee - Residential (Must Have CDL Permit) in Webster, New York
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Tuesday, March 9, 2021
8:00 AM to 5:30 PM
Apply today to schedule-confirm your phone interview
Or call us at *585-647-5256 *on the day of the event!
_I. Job Summary_
TheCLP - Driver Apprentice/Traineetrains with a seasoned Waste Management Driver and/or Waste Management Driver Trainer. The Driver Apprentice will complete the required training to safely operate a commercial motor vehicle providing service to customers in their respective Line of Business (LOB). The Driver Apprentice will continue in this role until they complete all training requirements. Click on the following link to learn more about being a Waste Management driver https://youtu.be/2ED8z3LYAdY
*II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities*
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned. While in training, the following skills will be taught and the trainee must be able to demonstrate proficiency prior to moving to the next driver level:
After obtaining their Commercial Driver's License, the Driver Apprentice/Trainee - Residential partners with a Waste Management Driver and/or Waste Management Driver Trainer to train on the proper way to operate a commercial refuse / recycling vehicle: * Operates vehicle in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws. * Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and documents checks utilizing the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report). * Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch. * Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by Waste Management or directed by the Route Manager. * Works closely with Route Manager to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices. * Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage. * Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions including closed or impassable streets or alleyways, receptacles too heavy to service or potential safety hazards. * Communicates customer requests to Dispatch or Route Manager. * Completely dumps all receptacles and leaves the customer’s location clean and free of debris. * Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and check out process. * Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
Performs as an on route Helper while obtaining their Commercial Driving Permit and completing the training to be a WM Driver:
- Works in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
- Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by Waste Management or directed by the Route Manager.
- Manually or mechanically load and empty residential and/or commercial containers into truck.
- Containers maybe staged curbside, dockside, carryout, or require pullout to complete service.
- Operates hoisting device to lift and empty bins or containers into truck hopper.
- Assists driver with all backing maneuvers while on route.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions including closed or impassable streets or alleyways, receptacles too heavy to service or potential safety hazards.
- Communicates customer requests to Dispatch or Route Manager
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
*III. Supervisory Responsibilities*This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Education: No education required
- Experience: No previous experience required
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Current state-issued standard Driver’s License
- Current state-issued CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit) Class A or B
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- None required.
*V. Work Environment*Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 100 pounds occasionally; Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site.
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the work day;
Normal setting for this job is: outdoors and/or driving a vehicle.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Title: *HIRING EVENT; March 9th – 8:00am – 5:30pm; Driver Apprentice/Trainee - Residential (Must Have CDL Permit) *
Location: New York-Webster
Requisition ID: 20010133
- Waste Management Jobs