YMCA of Greater Rochester Waterfront Lifeguard in Webster, New York
Webster, NY (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1209+Bay+Rd.+Webster+NY+14580) • Bay View
Under the direction of the Camp Director, the Waterfront Lifeguard will uphold the rules and the guidelines of the waterfront Provide a safe and engaging environment for children ages 5-13 to learn about waterfront activities. A Waterfront Lifeguard is responsible for instructing campers in learning about how to sail, kayak, boat, swim, waterski, and/or other water adventure sports. A key function of a Waterfront Lifeguard is to keep children safe while exploring the world of water sports.to ensure the safest environment for all members. The position is responsible for ensuring that the mission, purpose, image and core values at the YMCA of Greater Rochester is conveyed.
• Plan, develop, and implement activities in waterfront area.
• With the assistance of the Waterfront or Camp Director, prepare a list of supplies and materials needed for the summer.
• Create a climate that will foster the goals and objectives of the YMCA of Greater Rochester.
• Maintain respective program areas and materials.
• Assist in all camp programming.
• Provide a safe environment and program for all participants.
• Familiar with and carries out emergency procedures, building rules and regulations.
• Arrives on time for scheduled shifts, wearing appropriate uniform and name tag, and prepared for all assignments
• Ensures a positive initial engagement experience for all who enter the YMCA, making an effort to connect them with appropriate staff and fellow members.
• Keeps accurate, detailed records of incident reports and other necessary documentation.
• Must maintain all required licenses and certifications.
• Attend all required trainings, meetings, and other designated YMCA events.
• All other duties as assigned.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Must have the skills to relate information to campers in the areas of: swimming, kayaking, canoeing, sailing, waterskiing, and boating.
Must be willing and able to obtain YMCA Lifeguarding or Red Cross Lifeguarding certification prior to 1st shift.
Must possess or be willing and able to obtain Waterfront Skill certification prior to 1st shift.
Must possess or be willing and able to obtain CPR for the Professional Rescuer Certification, AED, and Oxygen Administration prior to 1st shift.
Must possess values consistent with the mission of the YMCA.
Ability to visibly observe children.
Ability to stand for an extended period of time.
Ability to lift up to 40 lbs and transport equipment from one location to another..
Ability to hear distress signals even when distracted by noise and activity.
Ability to reason, solve problems and make sound decisions even when distracted by noise and activity.
Ability to work in a variety of environments, specifically those subject to extreme heat and humidity.
Observe and promote safety and security procedures.