U.S. Military Academy Cashier-Checker NF-01 in West Point, New York
Department of the Army
U.S. Military Academy
Directorate of Cadet Activities-Grant Hall
- ##### Open & closing dates
02/20/2019 to 12/31/2019
- ##### Service
- ##### Pay scale & grade
- ##### Salary
$11.10 to $12 per hour
Salary will be determined by the Hiring Manager and may be based upon such criteria as related experience
- ##### Appointment type
- ##### Work schedule
Part-Time - 20 Hours
West Point, NY Few vacancies
Relocation expenses reimbursed
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is for US Citizens and Non-Citizens within the local commuting area of West Point, NY. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
This position is located at Grant Hall.
Learn more about this agency
- Receiving cash or credit cards in payment for merchandise or services and giving change as required
- At the end of shift, turning in sales records, money, customer checks or charge slip and accounts for all moneys and transactions.
- Identifying slow or fast moving items and trends in customer comments or complaints.
- May prepare requisitions for items sold; insuring that proper stock levels are maintained; securing stock at close of business. Cleaning counter or serving area.
- #### Job family (Series)
2091 Sales Store Clerical
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- Must be able to work varying and/or rotating shifts to include evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be willing to accept seasonal employment with a non duty non pay status from approximately 1 June to 15 August and 15 December to 2 January
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide at level necessary to complete required reports.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
Initial Cut-Off Date: 6 March 2019 (Applications must be received by 11:59 PM EST) Applications received by the Initial Cut-Off Date will be reviewed and possibly referred to the Selecting Official PRIOR to the Closing Date of this Vacancy Announcement.
Subsequent referrals to the Hiring Manager will occur as additional vacancies become available or at the request of the Hiring Manager.
This is a seasonal appointment with a non duty non pay status from 1 June through 15 August and 15 December through 2 January
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 pm on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click here to view kit or copy this URL: https://acpol2.army.mil/chra_dodea/NAF_applicant_info_kit.pd
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
If applying manually, please bring your application package to the West Point NAF Civilian Personnel Advisory Center (CPAC) located at: 626 Swift Road West Point, New York 10996 Monday thru Friday (not open on Federal Holidays) between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. and NO LATER THAN 3:00 p.m. on the closing date of the announcement. **Please note, that West Point has a restricted access policy and any person who chooses to personally deliver an application to the CPAC should bring along at least one photo identification and report to the West Point Visitor Center at least 30 minutes prior to attempting to visit the CPAC**
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference: - Cover Letter - DD-214 - DA 3433, DA 3434, Military Permanent Change of Station Orders, Marriage Certificate - Resume - SF-50
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN). Announcement closes at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the closing date listed on this announcement.
- Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
Agency contact information
West Point NAF Human Resources Office
BR-NAF-W1FBAA US MILITARY ACADEMY DO NOT MAIL West Point, NY 10996 US
Learn more about this agency
We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524782000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.