U.S. Military Academy Training Instruction (Athletic Trainer) NF-04 in West Point, New York
Training Instruction (Athletic Trainer) NF-04
Department of the Army
U.S. Military Academy
Directorate of Cadet Activities
- ##### Open & closing dates
05/23/2019 to 07/08/2019
- ##### Service
- ##### Pay scale & grade
- ##### Salary
$52,500 to $52,895 per year
Salary depends on actual hours worked. Hourly rate for leave and pay will be $25.16 to $25.34 per hour. NAF pay setting rules apply.
- ##### Appointment type
Seasonal - ANNUAL PERIOD OF NONDUTY, NONPAY STATUS IS 31 MAY - 31 JULY
- ##### Work schedule
West Point, NY Few vacancies
Relocation expenses reimbursed
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is for U.S. Citizens and Non-Citizens worldwide.
This position is located at the Directorate of Cadet Activities.
To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.) for professional and personal references on your resume.
Learn more about this agency
- As Athletic Trainer administers injury care, prevention, and rehabilitation techniques for athletic injuries occurring in the Competitive Sports Program.
- Conducts pre-participation screening for club sports activities; develops emergency action plans and other pertinent safety policies for each competitive sports activity.
- Ensures the athletic training room is safe, clean, well stocked and maintained, to obtain a high standard of operation.
- Responsible for all logistical requirements involving the athletic training coverage of club events including developing and managing a budget, ordering medical supplies and monitoring inventory.
- Responsible for scheduling transportation requests, conducting preventing maintenance on all equipment.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position on occasion for normal job duties.
- #### Job family (Series)
1712 Training Instruction
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- Must be willing to accept a varying or rotating shift to include nights, weekends and holidays
- Must have current valid certification as an athletic trainer from the Board of Certification of the National Athletic Trainer's Association (NATABOC) prior to being appointed
- Must possess a New York State Athletic Trainer License or willing to obtain license within 3 months of being hired at your own expense
Option 1 1. A four-year bachelor's degree with a major in Athletic Training, from an accredited college or university; AND 2. Have one (1) year of progressively responsible work experience, equivalent to the next lower grade level, which showcases utilizing proper occupational therapy theories, physical rehabilitation and prevention techniques; AND 3. Must have knowledge in budget, medical supply, safety and inventory management, and ability to conduct preventive maintenance on all athletic training room equipment.
Option 2 1. Two (2) years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's degree or equivalent graduate degree with a major in Athletic Training; AND 2. Must have knowledge in budget, medical supply, safety and inventory management, and ability to conduct preventive maintenance on all athletic training room equipment.
The education and experience listed above MUST be reflected on your resume and your degree and/or transcript that clearly indicates the completion of the education in Athletic Training MUST be uploaded at the time of application to be considered eligible for this position.
- Initial Cut-Off Date: Thursday, June 06, 2019 (Applications must be received by 11:59 PM EST) Applications received by the Initial Cut-Off Date will be reviewed and possibly referred to the Selecting Official PRIOR to the Closing Date of this Vacancy Announcement. Subsequent referrals to the Hiring Manager will occur every two weeks thereafter based on management's need to fill positions.
- Manual Application:If applying manually, all completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be delivered to the West Point NAF Civilian Personnel Advisory Center (CPAC) located at: 626 Swift Road West Point, New York 10996 Monday thru Friday (not open on Federal Holidays) between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. and NO LATER THAN 3:00 p.m. on the closing date of the announcement. **Please note, that West Point has a restricted access policy and any person who chooses to personally deliver an application to the CPAC should bring along at least one photo identification and report to the West Point Visitor Center at least 30 minutes prior to attempting to visit the CPAC** Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click here to view kit or copy this URL: https://acpol2.army.mil/chra_dodea/NAF_applicant_info_kit.pdf
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Non-sensitive (NS)/Low Risk
Trust determination process
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference: - Cover Letter - DD-214 - DA 3433, DA 3434, Degree, National Athletic Trainer's Certification, NYS Athletic Trainer License - Resume - SF-50 - Transcript
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
Review our benefits
- How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN). Announcement closes at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the closing date listed on this announcement.
- Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
Agency contact information
West Point NAF Human Resources Office
BR-NAF-W1FBAA US MILITARY ACADEMY DO NOT MAIL West Point, NY 10996 US
Learn more about this agency
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/534628300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.