Elderwood at Wheatfield RN Charge Admissions in Wheatfield, New York
Elderwood at Wheatfield is Hiring a FT RN Charge - Admissions
Elderwood at Wheatfield, a recently renovated Skilled Nursing Facility, is seeking an Clinical Admissions Nurse. The Clinical Admissions Nurse is responsible for the admission paperwork and assessment of residents for Elderwood at Wheatfield. This involves communication with physician and being responsible for nurse care reporting, documentation, planning, implementation and evaluation.
The perks for working with Elderwood at Wheatfield:
* Brand New Shift Differential Rates!
* Competitive wages!
* Internal Referral Bonus Program that allows you and your referral to earn extra money!
* An excellent benefits package; including health, dental, and vision coverage!
* Education and Tuition Assistance Programs, 401k, paid vacations and holidays, and much more.
Shift: 11:00 am - 9:00 pm, four shifts throughout the week
* Develop and update a written nursing plan of care based on adminssion and ongoing nursing assessments, prepare and update nursing care information
* Receive and record physician orders for residents' care and notifies physican of changes in residents' staus; ensure that physican records and services are in compliance with facility policies and federal and state regulations
* Assist Attending Physician with review and participation in Inter-disciplinary Care plan, completion of DNR documentation and Health Care Proxy documentation
* Notify family member/responsible party of changes in resident's condition, or about needed services
* Handle inquiries or complaints about residents care from family members or responsbile party.
* Contact othyer health care disciplies or consultants about physicians' orders or residents 'needs
* Monitor infectious conditions and oversee proper use of infection control procedures; refport infectious conditions to adminstration as required
* Ensure that medications are properly ordered, received and secured on the unit and that return of medication to pharmacy vendor is properly handled, and information for billing purposes is recorded and/or checked
* Complete or ensure completion of PRI (if certified) and MDS assessment forms, as required
* Ensure high standards of care, the protection of residents' rights, recognition of personal preferences of residet, and that all residents are treated in a caring, respectful and dignified manner
Minimum 18 yrs. age required, High School diploma or equivalent required Baccalaureate Degree in Social Work; R.N.; or health related field from an accredited institution required. 2-3 years clinical experience, required.
Long-Term Care, Hospital Discharge Planning experience required. Strong clinical assessment skills and working knowledge of medical charts and terminology necessary. Ability to apply critical thinking skills.
Ability to meet the public easily, handle problems diplomatically, maintain flexibility and cooperate with other staff members necessary. Valid State & Driver s License and clean driving record required with personal mode of transportation Must be energetic, enthusiastic and portray a positive attitude.
Elderwood at Wheatfield is a 123 bed skilled nursing facility (SNF) offering a unique campus setting. This campus also includes an assisted living facility and an independent living community. We believe we have an excellent location with the right amount of seclusion and accessibility featuring a beautiful courtyard and an established reputation within the community for providing exceptional care! Our services and programs include Cardiac Rehab, Oncology, Orthopedic Rehab, SMARTS Express Care, and Wound Care; as well as Specialty Programs including Palliative Care, Respite Care and Seasons Memory Care.
401K Retirement Plan with Company Match, Clean, Neat & Newly Renovated Facility, Close to thruway entrances/exits, Employee of the Month recognition, Enjoy a fun and diverse work environment, Free On-Site Parking, Friendly and supportive staff, Generous PTO & holiday package, Increased Wages, Life Insurance, Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Monthly employee appreciation events, NEW Weekly Pay Schedule!, Point-earning employee reward program: redeem for prizes!, Quiet suburban neighborhood, Strong leadership, Substantial employee referral program, Truly make a difference in our residents' lives while providing top notch care, Tuition reimbursement program
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Employer's Job# 2020-13292
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.