VF Corporation The North Face Seasonal Sales Associate (Westchester 028 White Plains, NY) in White Plains, New York
The North Face, a VF Company
At The North Face we dare to lead the world forward through Exploration. We were born to Explore. We were born to Disrupt. We were born to Lead.
The North Face is the premier exploration company in the world. Founded in the counterculture of Berkeley, CA in 1966 we have a long and storied legacy of enabling exploration, loving and protecting wild places, and creating iconic and technically advanced product.
We believe that exploration is a mindset – both on the mountain and off the mountain – and it infuses everything we do. As a community of explorers, we stay curious about new ideas, places and people.
Love wild places
Dare to disrupt
Lead with integrity
By joining The North Face, you will help provide the best gear for our athletes and the modern-day explorer. You will also have the opportunity, tools and environment to more deeply explore the world around you and make meaningful, lasting connections.
What You Will Do
A Guide (Brand Ambassador) is the face of the brand to our retail customers and is responsible for creating a best in class customer experience in the store. As a Guide, you will actively engage with a diverse and often large group of people, using your product, brand, activity and community knowledge to ensure each customer has a memorable positive experience in the store. You will serve as part of a team ensuring that customer engagement is the top priority, while also assisting in the daily visual and operational maintenance of the store.
How You Will Make A Difference
• Utilize all store programs including but not limited to The Customer Experience Program, Product and Activity based learning models to provide a high level of personalized customer engagement
• Serve as a one stop resource for customers providing them with relevant product, community, and activity based knowledge and recommendations
• Demonstrate a willingness to learn and to share relevant activity, community, and product knowledge to create a memorable and valuable experience for the customer
• Achieve sales and productivity goals by utilizing all available resources to meet the customers’ needs
• Assist in the execution and maintenance of visual directives and standards, including but not limited to merchandise presentation, housekeeping, product replenishment
• Assume cashier duties as needed
• Assist in the execution of all Loss Prevention initiatives
• Assist in the overall visual and operational maintenance of the store
What You Bring
• High School Diploma or GED preferred
• Ability to genuinely and comfortably engage with a diverse group of customers
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge, experience and/or willingness to learn about the products, activities, community relevant to the store’s customer base
• Attention to detail
• Ability and desire to provide a highly engaging customer experience through individual service, conversation and relationship building
• Regularly interacts with the public in an often crowded and noisy interactive store environment
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Proficient computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, and software programs
• Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business; will require weekends, evenings, and holidays
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle and feel objects, tools, or controls; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee is occasionally required to climb and balance. Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus
NEVER STOP EXPLORING™
The North Face is a subsidiary of VF Corporation. At VF, we outfit consumers around the world with our diverse portfolio of lifestyle brands. Founded in 1899, VF is one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations spanning numerous geographies, product categories and distribution channels. We are committed to delivering innovative products to consumers and creating long-term value for our customers and shareholders.
While our VF company and brands are diverse, we work together within a One VF culture to capitalize on our greatest opportunities for long-term performance. Across our company, a collaborative, global mindset differentiates our products and the unique experiences we provide to our consumers. It all adds up to a lasting competitive advantage built on harnessing the power of our differences to achieve great things together, all while positively impacting the lives of hundreds of millions of people and the world.
VF is committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the differences among all of our associates, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we live and conduct business. The continued success and growth of VF is enhanced through initiatives that promote diversity throughout VF around the world.
VF Diversity Vision Statement VF is committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the differences among all of our associates, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we live and conduct business. The continued success and growth of VF is enhanced through initiatives that promote diversity throughout VF around the world.VF is an equal employment opportunity/ affirmative action employer of minorities, females, protected veterans and the disabled. VF is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our VF associates and VF applicants without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
- VF Corporation Jobs