Donald DeMarree Fruit Farm, Inc. Farmworkers and Laborers* in Williamson, New York
12 Full Time Seasonal H-2A Jobs available 3/20/2019-11/13/2019.
Manually plant, cultivate, and harvest apples. Use hand tools, such as shovels, trowels, hoes, tampers, pruning hooks, shears, knives, and saws. Till soil and apply fertilizers; transplant, weed, thin, or prun crops (may require the use of chainsaws); apply pesticides; clean, pack, and load harvested products. Construct trellises, assemble bins, repair bins, fences, and farm buildings, or participate in irrigation or drainage activities. Set up and operate irrigation equipment.
Operate tractors, tractor-drawn machinery, and self-propelled machinery to plow, harrow, and fertilize soil, or to plant, cultivate, prune, thin, train tree, spray, and harvest crops. Use equipment, sanitizers, and hand tools to sanitize bins, machinery, and equipment to meet food safety regulations. Repair and maintain farm vehicles, implements, and mechanical equipment. Harvest apples by hand. Apply pesticides, herbicides or fertilizers to crops.
* Workers must have a minimum of three months experience in performing tasks
* Employer may conduct random drug tests, post hire, at the employer's expense.
* Extensive sitting, extensive pushing and pulling and extensive walking.
* Repetitive movements and frequent stooping.
* Exposure to extreme temperatures.
* Criminal background check.
* OT / Holiday is not mandatory
Entire job duty description (ETA790 and Spanish translation) should be reviewed and provided to qualified applicants from the NYSDOL website at https://labor.ny.gov/careerservices/h2a_orders.shtm