DeFisher Fruit Farms Farmworkers and Laborers in Williamson, New York
10 Fulltime, Seasonal H-2A Jobs available 8/5/2020-12/25/2020.
This is a joint job order with Rosario Brothers, LLC 3743 Eagle Harbor Road, Albion NY 14411
Harvest apples, pears, peaches, Packing & Sorting Apples, Repair & maintain farm vehicles, implements & mechanical equipment. Use & operate fruit juice pressing equipment and sorting apples. Harvest fruits by hand, General Farm work. After 4 days of training employer will expect worker to pick a minimum of 5 bins (100 bushels boxes) of fresh market apples per day with no more than 0% (WNY) bruising and/or 7 Bins (140 bushels boxes) of processing apples per day.
Due to health & safety concerns on our farm workers must understand basic instruction in English. Workers will drive. Not all workers will be requested to drive. Those that are requested will be required to possess appropriate drivers license. No one will be rejected for a position that does not have a license.
* Workers referred as a result of this order must have a minimum of three months of verifiable experience in performing the tasks described in his order.
* Employer will train.
* Post hire drug testing possible, at employer's expsense.
* Exposure to extreme temperatures.
* Repetitive movements, extensive pushing and pulling, extensive walking, frequent stooping/bending.
* Workers must be physically able to lift up to 75 lbs on a consistent basis throughout the day.
Entire job duty description (ETA 790 and Spanish translation of terms and conditions) can be found on NYSDOL website at the NYS DOL website at http://labor.ny.gov/careerservices/h2a_orders.shtm