Windham Mountain Resort RESTAURANT GENERAL MANAGER in Windham, New York
Windham Mountain is a premier multi-generational, four-season resort in the Northeast, located in the Great Northern Catskills, two and a half hours north of New York City. In 1960, Windham started as a private club before becoming a public mountain. Boasting 285 skiable acres across 54 trails and serviced by 11 lifts (four of which are high speed), the mountain offers an award-winning Ski and Ride School, lodging, on-mountain dining, a tubing park, and world-class alpine and freestyle competition teams. Summer offerings include a range of activities, such as mountain getaways, family-friendly events and festivals, wedding and special occasion venues, the Windham Downhill Mountain Bike Park and the Windham Country Club, an 18-hole golf course with private lessons and on-site dining.
The Food & Beverage Team at Windham Mountain provides an elevated culinary experience and unparalleled mountain hospitality for our guests. Team members are passionate about providing the highest quality of service. The team cultivates success through their unique focus and attention to detail in the preparation, execution, and service of the overall culinary program.
Overview of Position: The Restaurant General Manager is a supervisory position that includes management duties and responsibilities. Reporting to the Director of Food & Beverage, the Restaurant General Manager (GM) is responsible for the overall restaurant operation, both front and back of the house, and all suppliers, job applicants and members of the community as needed.
· Must have superior leadership, management and interpersonal skills.
· Must have strong communication skills, written and verbal.
· Must have significant guest service experience.
· Must be self-motivated and organized and able to independently evaluate situations and make quick decisions.
· Must be able to handle stressful, noisy and crowded work environments.
· Must be innovative and open-minded about improving the operation of the department.
· Must have strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
· Must have or obtain TIPS certification prior to starting work in the restaurant.
Job Duties: The list below best represents many of the tasks you will be asked to perform at some time during your employment at Windham Mountain. This list of duties is not intended to represent all of the tasks you may be asked to perform.
· Manages the day-to-day operation of the restaurant to achieve the optimum profit and ensure the highest quality of service possible.
· Provides direction to all restaurant employees.
· Create and manage FOH employee schedules.
· Ensure labor hours and tips are accurate for payroll submission.
· Oversees, communicates, and works closely with the Chef.
· Builds relationships with the restaurant guests and handles guest complaints efficiently.
· Keep an accurate logbook with guests’ positive and negative feedback.
· Supervises and directs the prompt, efficient, and courteous service to all guests.
· Ensures a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents.
· Ensures that proper cash handling procedures are followed.
· Analyzes monthly Profit & Loss statements.
· Implements cost control procedures in order to maximize profitability.
· Controls and analyzes on an on-going basis the level of sales, costs, quality and presentation of food and beverage products, service standards, guest satisfaction, condition and cleanliness of the restaurant and its equipment.
· Conducts such functions as interviewing and hiring employees, performance evaluation, managing, and counseling to ensure the appropriate staff productivity and efficiency.
· Conducts training when needed.
· Conducts daily briefings and participates in other meetings as needed to obtain optimal results.
· Monitors the inventory of all beverages, material, and equipment and ensures that service requirements are met.
· Ensures restaurant is Department of Health compliant at all times.
· Monitors local competitors and compares their operation with his/her restaurant.
· Keeps aware of trends, systems, practices, and equipment related to the hospitality industry through literature, exhibitions, and fairs as well as site visits.
· Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
· Ability to traverse all parts of the restaurant quickly.
· Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Must be able to lift 25 pounds at times.
Work Schedule and Conditions: We are in the business of providing a quality product and experience for our guests. Traditionally our busy periods are during weekends and holiday periods which you will be expected to work. You can also expect to be asked to work extra hours or days on occasion, especially during the holiday periods.
Note: You will be required to sign an employee handbook if Windham Mountain hires you. If you are hired, please
Take time to read through it for a thorough description of Windham Mountain’s procedures and policies. Please ask your supervisor if you have questions so that you understand the content of the handbook before you sign it.