Fowler Bros., Inc. Farmworkers and Laborers* in Wolcott, New York
56 Fulltime H-2A Seasonal Jobs available 8/5/2019-11/5/2019
Manually plant, cultivate, and harvest apples. Use hand tools such as shovels, trowels, hoes, tampers, pruning hooks, shears, and knives. Duties include tilling soil; transplanting, weeding, thinning, or pruning; applying fertilizers, pesticides, and herbicides. Construct trellises, repair fences and farm buildings, or participate in irrigation activities. Operate tractors, tractor-drawn machinery, and self-propelled machinery to plow, harrow, and fertilize soil, or to plant, cultivate, spray, and harvest crops. Repair and maintain farm vehicles, implements, and mechanical equipment. Identify plants, pests, and weeds to determine the selection and application of pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers. Inform farm managers of crop progress. Clear and maintain irrigation ditches. Record information about crops, such as pesticide use, yields, or costs.
* 3 months of verifiable prior experience working in fruit or vegetable crops, manual and mechanical tasks associated with commodity production.
* Exposure to extreme temperatures
* Lifting requirement of 60 lbs.
* Repetitive movements, extensive walking and frequent stooping.
* Post-hire drug screen, at the employers expense.
Entire job duty description (ETA 790 and Spanish translation) should be reviewed and provided to qualified applicants from the NYSDOL website at http://labor.ny.gov/careerservices/h2a_orders.shtm.