IAC Applications Junior Systems Administrator in Yonkers, New York
Ask Applications and the Mosaic Group are seeking a Desktop Systems Administrator who is committed to providing outstanding customer service while supporting a variety of end-user roles, their workstations, tools, and systems. You will be joining a seasoned team of Desktop and Windows Systems engineers and collaborating with other IT Infrastructure engineers from Networking, DevOps, and Systems.
Who you are:
A self-described geek who is passionate and excited about technology, both in your career as well as your personal life. You’ve been working for a few years in the tech industry supporting mixed desktop environments of Macs and PCs, and you’ve accumulated some valuable experience supporting end users, and their hardware. You’re comfortable with SaaS and local software alike, including Microsoft Office, G Suite, Creative Suite, as well as infrastructure services like LDAP, DNS, and DHCP. Maybe you’ve even notched a few certifications under your belt. Maybe your current employer has some very compartmentalized roles and it’s hard to get your hands on new and exciting things. You know you’re on the cusp of something better, if only you had the opportunity to grow.
What we do:
• We deploy Dell and Apple hardware.
• We install Windows and macOS.
• We manage our devices using integrated desktop and mobile device management software.
• We centrally organize users, machines, and policy in LDAP.
• We communicate using SaaS and on-prem communications platforms.
• We collaborate in the cloud using industry standard SaaS solutions.
• We secure it all using strong Endpoint Detection and Response products.
• We have fun doing it.
What you will bring:
In addition to tangible experience with the technology (or equivalent) mentioned above…
• You have managed a project from conceptualization and design through to implementation and completion.
• You have documented that project, promoted that project, and educated users about that project.
• You are tenacious when problem solving and understand how to troubleshoot effectively, how to rule out factors like a network ACL using core networking fundamentals, or where to look for logs to gather more information.
• You are security-aware and help those around you to be more vigilant.
• You aren’t afraid to ask a question or voice your opinion.
These aren’t required but would separate you from the pack.
• You have dabbled in some basic scripting (PowerShell or bash).
• You have one (or more!) certs from Microsoft, Apple, etc
• You read or speak Russian.
*We embrace our diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment for all.